Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Email is not Facebook

Last Friday I had a deadline. I reached office and the project manager told me that the team has decided that it will work late tonight so that we don’t have to come to office on Saturday. I told her, “Fine. I will do my best” and started working. What I did not tell her was that I too wanted the same because I am an average Indian guy and I don’t like my weekend being screwed by work.

After working for few hours I received an email from a friend. It was a kind of email that you write to your close friends to stay in touch. The email said there is too much heat in my city and btw this and that happened in my life and ends with I have to go but I will tell you more later.

I read the email and since I was working on a deadline decided to reply after lunch. As it happens with deadlines personal work after lunch became I will do it after evening tea and after evening tea it became I will do it from home. We achieved the deadline and I spent the next two days sleeping, eating and without thinking about her mail. 

On Monday I reached office and found a mail from her with the subject '????????????’ I realized the mail was about the unreplied mail. I replied to her mail saying sorry couldn't reply to your mail on Friday because I was working on a deadline. I am glad to know this and that happened in your life and guess what this and that happened in my life and ended the mail with a wish that God may send some rain to her and my city.

I pressed the send button and few minutes later received mail from my friend with the subject ‘RE:RE:????????????’ I opened the mail and read the reply given by her to my this and that is happening in my life mail. Her reply was – I can’t believe it. You just ignored my mail.

I read the mail and said to myself, ”Sorry friend I ignored your mail but I can do it. You are my friend and not my boss.”

To sum up

There is no such thing as work-life balance. You can either have work or a life.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahhahaha! I wish i got such a mail from my friends, they just live scraps on orkut and it takes me days to check up, so the day i log in orkut i discover, 2 more boys who are my friends are married, girls have become mother, and shifted cities! At the last point: I wish its not Pune and if Pune, I am not that late to check that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL... I love the final part.. You either have a work or a life :P

    Work sounds scary...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha ha ha.......Abhi..ur friend is really lucky to have a friend like u :)

    ReplyDelete