Thursday, June 3, 2010

What the Indian cricket team needs to do now.




An Indian who says that he likes cricket is a lair. No Indian likes cricket. We love cricket. Cricket is the passion of every Indian and we don’t love our cricketers. We worship them. Hence, today when I read on cricinfo that India lost to Zimbabwe I said WTF and that was not because we lost. As an Indian cricket fan I know my team always bounces back but the way we lost I had to say I feel being let down.

Tonight I am not sad because we lost. Tonight I am sad because the way we lost. We lost because our team played as if it had no desire to win. We were playing against a team that doesn’t even have money to buy good cricket kits for its players and we lost. I know we all have bad days and then we have good days in office but failure and lack of effort are two absolutely different things. You can justify failure to me by saying all days are not same but refusal to give 100% effort in the field is completely unacceptable.

Losing to Zimbabwe doesn’t mean that I will not support India anymore. It just means the next time I see an ad featuring Indian cricketer on TV I am going to say the reason Australia is so successful is because its players do not get any ads. The biggest difference between Australia and us is not that the Australian diet consists of a secret ingredient that produces legends. The difference between Australia and us is of attitude. When Australia is losing the players are not giving their 100%. They are giving 110%. They know that their defeat in this match is inevitable but they also believe that what is inevitable can be delayed.

Our guys gave a target of 195 runs to be chased in a 50 overs match. Nowadays even in a T20 this total won’t guarantee us a win. The match was over even before Zimbabwe batted. However what was not over was the fight for the bonus point. As far as I see it the reason we lost so poorly was because none of the our bowlers bowled with the intent of picking five wickets. We said to Zimbabwe that we hope you guys make mistakes so that we can put up a fight. Sorry guys but in international cricket a man who is proud to wear his nation’s cap is not the one who capitalizes on the mistakes of opposition but he is someone who gives 110% when he has no hope of winning.

To sum up

What Indian team needs to do is to hire me. I hold a Phd in not doing my job and blaming someone else for my failure.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you completely .. and if u get the JOb u can take me as assistant.

    ReplyDelete