Sunday, June 13, 2010

Watching Magadheera

I am not a movie buff. I like to watch only action and horror movies and that’s all what I watch. However, being an Indian whenever I want to watch a good movie I have to watch a Hollywood one because forget watching Bollywood movies in theaters, they are not even worth the bandwidth spend on downloading. Few months back I went to the guy living next to my room and asked him if he had any English movies. I don’t remember what he said because of my poor memory but I remember he gave me few mallu movies saying you won’t be disappointed.

I am sure if you are a North Indian you may think South Indian movies are all about Rajnikant or Chiranjeevi or heroines that are working in South India because Mallika Shewarat and Rakhi Sawant still don’t reject movies because of date problems. If you are a South Indian you may be saying that the North Indian perception of South Indian movies shows eating only paneer and chicken can make a person fat and a bastard and I support you.

I told you before I like to watch action movies. Hence, believe me Bollywood movies with their awesome starcast and bad stories can ruin your Sunday. However, South Indian movies with their at par with Hollywood action techniques are not only fun but also teach us that if you want to enjoy your life then you must always subscribe to the unlimited downloading plan.

Few days back one of my friends in office told me to download Aayirathil Oruvan. I asked him why he is telling me to download a movie whose name I can’t even spell and he told me because it is one of the best movies of this year. Being a friend I know his taste and that when he gives 3 stars to an action movie it is a five stars movie for me. I downloaded Aayirathil Oruvan and found that the torrent didn’t have a subtitles file. I googled for its subtitles but couldn’t find it.

Disappointed I said to myself this movie is going to the recycle bin. However, before deleting it I decided to have a quick look at the action scenes and this movie is still sitting on my hard drive.  

Few days back the same friend told me to download Magadheera. After watching Aayirathil Oruvan I have stopped questioning my friend why must I download a movie. I downloaded the movie and found it is a good movie. There are not many action scenes in it but whatever it has are very good. There is a good action sequence at the beginning but then you have to fast forward the movie for a long time to reach at the next action scene.

I reported the same to my friend and he told me so what, the heroine is cute, isn’t she. I wanted to tell my friend I had only watched the actions scenes in the movie Magadheera and didn’t take a single look at the heroine but I didn’t say so because I know my friend and his next question would have been, “Seriously dude, are you gay or something?”

To sum up

Dear Bollywood, spend half of the money you do on marketing movies on the movie’s story and there would be no guy who doesn’t understand Tamil or Malayalam watching a South Indian movie.

2 comments:

  1. So true, having watched few south Indian movies I always stop switching channels at a south Indian Tv channel, showing a movie much to disappointment of my family, but lately they have also stopped complaining and started enjoying!

    ReplyDelete