Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daru party with colleagues

My mom always said that those who drink alcohol go to hell. I think she is right. Those who drink alcohol go to hell after experiencing heaven on earth. Tonight I drank whiskey with my colleagues. I know its Tuesday, tomorrow I have to work and a hangover is the last thing I need while working on a deadline. But the point is that there is no point in working at place where you have no friends. 

One of my colleagues yesterday told me that few on my colleagues are planning to have a party tomorrow. I told that colleague that it is a great idea and I won’t be able to join them because I prefer to drink only on weekends. He said ok and I said to myself I have made the right decision. 


Today while having lunch I got to know everyone with whom I have lunch is joining the TTMM (Tu tera mein mera) daru party tonight. I thought I had made the wrong decision yesterday and told my colleagues that I will be joining them. They asked me why the sudden change in decision and I told them I love alcohol more anything else in the world even my work. 

We reached at the desired destination at 7 pm approx. A colleague who had few times visited the bar told us to buy cigarettes in advance because the bar doesn’t serve cigarettes inside. We bought a pack of Goldflake and entered into the bar as if we were regular enough to know every waiters name.

We ordered the drinks and the conversation started flowing. There was nothing much. What new stupidity one is facing at work and trying to find out who finds which female colleague attractive. Nobody told that his boss is a real asshole and which is the girl in office that he likes. 

We drank a lot and then ordered dinner. I thought for a while and said one more 30 ml pls. My colleagues thought I am too drunk to realize my limit and said nothing because a man trying to argue with a drunk man that he must not drink any more usually gets punched in the face. 

As I sipped my drink I found my colleagues eating food without any conversation. Thought I must say something but realized anything I will now say will be used tomorrow as proof that I was full took drunk last night. So I decided to finish my drink and have dinner as quickly as possible so that my colleagues won’t have to wait for me after finishing their dinner. 

To sum up

Daru parties with colleagues is not a drinking completion. They are a competition of who can hold a drink and still speak everything politically correct.


No comments:

Post a Comment