Thursday, May 27, 2010

And I ran away

One of the things I hate the most about deadlines is that as they approach the team has to sit late to achieve them. I hate attending office so sitting late in office to me is like watching a cricket match where India’s loss is a foregone conclusion. Nowadays I am working on a deadline so for the last few days I am sitting late in office and thinking about various ways to bomb my office building.

Today at around seven I noticed that there was only one person working on the deadline and since I am working on a deadline that person was me. I wondered what had happened to my team. Whether it had forgotten how sacrosanct deadlines are or whether they have forgotten we have a deadline. 

I opened the status chart and found the project was under control. I don’t understand how did it happen but when a change takes place for good, one needs to accept it.

I thought about doing some more work so that tomorrow I won’t have much work and will be able to tweet as much as I want. I thought about it and realized that I always tweet so much that people think i am a bot. Deadlines just increase my frustration level and the more frustrated I am the better cubicle blues I have.

Looking at the status chart I thought for a while what must I do now? There was no need for me to work anymore tonight. This meant now two options were available to me. I could either stay in office and tweet sitting under an air conditioner or go home and tweet sitting under a fan. I choose the latter one because as I said before when a change takes place for good, one needs to accept it.

To sum up

I am not afraid of deadlines. I am afraid of missing them.

3 comments:

  1. Deadline is near and u r the only one who is worried...hmmm....U need some other diversion yaar...Get married or at least find out a GF...

    ReplyDelete