Friday, April 16, 2010

Dear HR

Today is my CEO's birthday. How do I know it? A HR person mailed the CEO an e-birthday card with everyone@companyname.com in the CC. I appreciate the HR telling us that today is CEO's birthday and I have one small suggestion. Next time put everyone@companyname.com in the BCC. Noone in the company is gonna tell the CEO that you informed him that today is CEO’s birthday and we will love you for telling us not to forget to wish the CEO happy birthday.

Today evening I received the time of my annual appraisal. The time was 10 AM. I already knew the date of my appraisal because the HR had asked me whether I was planning to take a leave on 21st and I had replied no. 

The person sitting behind me also received her time and date of her annual appraisal. She had said to the HR that she will be on leave on the 21st. The date given to her for appraisal was 21st April and timing 2 PM.

The person sitting behind me asked what must she do? She told me that she is ready to attend office half day for the appraisal. I told her to say to the HR fuck you because when HR doesn’t care for the employees then it should be fucked and without any guilt.

The person sitting behind me told the HR through the company’s internal chat client that she is ready to attend office during the first half on 21st . The HR replied to her that her appraisal timing cannot changed.

The person sitting behind me consulted a senior manager and the senior manager asked her to tell the HR that if the HR wanted to schedule the appraisal according to their wish then why did they asked her whether she was on leave on 21st. The person sitting behind me did the same and the HR didn’t replied to her message.

The HR sent her an email that her appraisal has been rescheduled to 10 AM on the 21st of April. The same date, the same time by the same people that will be conducting my appraisal. This meant we and the person sitting behind me will be having our appraisals together. Well not bad, I will like to talk with management about increment when a friend is sitting beside to me.

Few minutes later I received a outlook notification that my appraisal has been rescheduled at 2 PM on 21st.  I had already accepted the earlier notification send my by the same HR person for my appraisal at 10 AM. This meant the HR after receiving my confirmation changed the timing of my appraisal without asking me.

Now I had two options. Either I could accept the new appraisal timing or drop a message to the HR through the office’s internal chat client to know why my appraisal had been rescheduled. I already knew the reason of rescheduling my appraisal and didn’t have time to listen lies. So I accepted the new timing of my appraisal.

To sum up

I cannot blame all of my problems on my boss. Some of my problems are caused by the stupid fucking HR.


No comments:

Post a Comment