Sunday, April 4, 2010

I hate Mondays

I hate Mondays. Actually I hate everyday on which I have to attend office. But I especially hate Monday because it comes after Sunday which I think is the best day of the week. Sunday is the best day of the week because there is no office, no work and no need to take a bath. I think any person except your mom who says OMG you are sleeping till noon on a Sunday is not your friend.

I don’t know how does time flies away on a Sunday. My Sunday begins with a yawn and ends with the sad thought that I am not sick otherwise I would have taken sick leave and not attended office on Monday.

The best thing about Sunday is that you don’t have to do a single thing because it is a Sunday. You can spend the whole day watching movies and even workaholics will say it was a Sunday well spent. Some of my friends think Sunday is officially the day on which we all must meet and I say I am too lazy on a Sunday to get out of the bed, change from shorts to jeans, go to a mall and watch people trying to have a good time. If you want to have a good time on a Sunday then don’t visit a mall. Just stay in your bed and sleep. If you can’t do it then you don’t deserve a Sunday.

Unfortunately, good times do not last forever and Monday mornings are the proof of that. My biggest struggle on Mondays has been to drag me out of the bed telling me that Sunday is over. The worst part of Monday is that as soon as you reach office, people start wishing you Good Morning. What is the problem with my colleagues? Why can’t they accept reality? It is a Monday morning and being a Monday morning how can it be good morning.

Attending office on Monday makes me remember of my Mom asking me to finish the vegetables in my plate. I never wanted to do it but I had to do it because I had been ordered to do so.

To sum up

Monday, I hate you. Please don’t come.

No comments:

Post a Comment