Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sandwich

I learnt to cook Maggie and make tea when I was studying. Hence, by bachelor standards I am a good cook. Few days back I went to a colleague's desk to talk about a project and found her eating a sandwich. We talked about the project and during the whole conversation I was looking at her sandwich. I got all the information I needed and before I could say thank you to her, she asked – Would you like to try a sandwich?

The colleague is married and rarely interacts with bachelors. I can tell you that because she offered a bachelor homemade sandwich. Bachelors living away from home have a reputation of cleaning the tiffin when asked would they like to taste some homemade food. I am happy to report you that I kept the reputation intact and did everything that the tradition asked. I grabbed a slice of sandwich, thanked her and came back to my desk so that I will not have to talk with my colleague while enjoying the homemade sandwich.

The sandwich was awesome. I eat all of it and went back to my colleague to know was there any left. She asked me did I needed any more information and I found her eating the last slice. I wanted to ask her would she like to share the last slice with me but it would have meant my colleague would have told all her friends in office that I am mental.

If you work in an office than you know the most important thing for a bachelor is his reputation, especially among girls. I told you that the colleague who had offered me the sandwich is a she and forcing her to share last slice would have made the girls in my office to pass a resolution to avoid me as much as possible. Since my colleague was eating the last slice and I had all the information that I needed about the project, I asked her – What is the recipe of the sandwich that I just ate?

The colleague smiled and told me there is no recipe to make the sandwich because its just wheat bread and butter. As far I know there is only kind of butter and that’s called Amul and I have no idea about wheat bread. So I asked her – What type of wheat bread and she replied – Go to a shop and say you want wheat bread. The shopkeeper will give you the appropriate bed. End of conversation and I can live with it. After all I didn’t do anything that would affect my reputation.

Yesterday I brought wheat bread and Amul. I came to home and made the sandwich. It was ok but not awesome. I don’t know what went wrong. My sandwich was nowhere near that I had in office. Probably I put too much butter or the sandwich needed to be kept in a tiffin for few hours to get the desired taste. Practice makes a man perfect and I guess the same applies to women too.

I ate one sandwich and decided I will not have another. I looked at the bread and butter lying in front of me and decided never to trust women again. What’s easy for them is impossible for men. Anyway I still had lots of bread and butter left and was still hungry. Necessity is the mother of innovation and hunger is the perfect reason to innovate. So I decided to make another sandwich in bachelor style.

I searched my room and found biscuits, bhujia and tomato sauce. I like to eat biscuits before I sleep so I decided to improve the taste of sandwich with the help of bhujia and tomato sauce. I took two loaves of wheat bread, applied butter on them then put handful of bhujia on them and used sauce so that the sandwich could be called bhujia wheat bread butter sandwich with extra ketchup.

I ate the sandwich and it was not awesome but it was also not bad. Anything not bad is edible for a bachelor. So I made another special homemade sandwich and ate it. After having the sandwich I can tell you only one thing. If you thought that in the life of a bachelor the position of Maggie cannot be challenged they you must try a bhujia wheat bread sandwich dripping with ketchup.

To sum up

Do not leave a comment that you liked my post and I need to get married because I don’t want to marry. I have no interest in ruining a girl’s life.



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha ha...Abhi, u know very well what i want to say..loved it :)

    ReplyDelete