Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Office romances

I have spent some time in the corporate environment. Fuck the jargon. It means I have been working for the last few years. During these years I have worked on several deadlines and always wondered when my colleagues told me that Mr X and Ms Y have been caught red handed in a mall, on a date that – How do people get time to flirt in office?

My first experience with office romance was during my first job. There was a guy who used to call his GF after lunch and spend so much time sweet talking with her that I sometimes wished to say him – Saale, pls go outside the room when you are talking on mobile. I once told a colleague that I found his post lunch puppy talk complete bheja fry and my colleague enlightened me that the guy sitting next to me is having an affair with the girl sitting one room away from us. I never bothered to know how interesting the people sitting near the girl found her post lunch marathon mobile chat because once you are enlightened you don’t give a damn to the colleague sitting next to you.

My latest experience with office romance was when I was checking the work of one of my colleagues and felt a sudden urge to the tell the person sitting next to me that this is the shittiest piece of work I have ever seen. The colleague told not to tell the same to the person who forwarded me the file because she was upset. I told my colleague she doesn’t has a problem when she works for the guy sitting next to her but when it comes to my work, I don’t even get crap, I get epic crap.

She told me not act like a jackass especially when I know the person just had a break-up. I told her I didn’t know she had a break-up. She always works for the guy sitting next to her and so we rarely talk. My colleague told me she has broken-up with the guy sitting next to her. I asked my colleague how the hell did it happened, I mean I didn’t even know they were seeing each other and my colleague told me that the whole office knows and what the hell is wrong with you. Nowadays you don’t talk much with anyone in office. Is there anything wrong?

I made a mental note not to spend too much time tweeting and sometimes talk with my colleagues about what’s the latest office gossip and told her – Nothing is wrong. I am a bit frustrated because of the tight deadlines and went back to work.

To sum up

Office romances prove there is little correlation between education and intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment